Shakib-Al-Hasan presented the Journos with Cricketers’ Demands
Due to many problems arising because of BCB works, Cricketers are on a strike. They have presented their 11 demands. Until those are met, they are stopping all playing and related works.
The demands generally reflect these summery:
- Proper honor should be presented to cricketers. The cricketers will elect the Secretary and President of BCB after this present board resigns.
- Old Premier League systems should be reinstalled.
- Old BPL rules should be established again. And for BPL, home cricketers should be paid as equal to foreign players.
- Facilities should be increased in all levels of cricket. Good balls and net should be provided for practice. Honorium for first class cricketers should be minimum Taka 1 lakh. Travelling and Dining Allowances should be increased.
- BCB should hire minimum 30 players who will be in contract with them.
- Comparing to foreign stuff, local employees should be kept in a balance while it comes to payment. From Umpires to Ground stuff, all should be treated well.
- Local league plays should be well organized and given a calendar so that preparation can be taken easily.
- For local league, one more event should be introduced beside 50 over and T-20.
- Honorium for BPL-Premier Leagues should be paid on time. There are many mishappens regarding the payment.
- Rules regarding “Not more than two Franchise League” should be altered. If they are not busy with international games, they should be given opportunity as per wish.
- Before even the match starts, many local league results are already established. We have to come out of this problem through proper facilitation of the stuffs.
Shakib-Al-Hasan presented all these demands in front of the Journalists. And till the demands are not fulfilled, the cricketers have decided not to play and take part in any activities.